Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Happy(!!)...oh wait...

Am I too late with yelling out 'Happy New Year!' to everyone?
Oh yes I am. But I'm gonna tell a little (visual) story about my NYE days anways. So there! Pooh!

Christmas.

Me and sis went to our parents place to spend some peaceful times during Christmas. We got pampered by mommy. Big time.
This is our mom. Sitting next to the Christmas tree which was decorated by dad...as always...for the last 10 or so years.



NYE

But I celebrated New Years Eve at someone else's place (back in Amsterdam) who lived between two lovely prostitutes.

And then it was time to party.

I was on the guestlist of a label night party, somewhere in the always-filled-with-only-tourists-and-tourists-only-Warmoesstreet. The reason I was put on the guestlist, is that I used to be an electronic music producer...(yes, one of my 'secrets') and I know the label owner: DJ BONE who released a record of mine, many years ago when I was an ambitious youngster trying to become the world's best electronic music producer.
Unfortunately it didn't work out for me as school kind of intervened my dream. But...I graduated a few months ago (don't take me wrong, I'm proud of myself I received my Bachelor diploma...STAY IN SCHOOL!), and therefore I have more time on working on a come back!!
Every now and then, I still receive e-mails from event organisers who want to book me to perform as a DJ. But I'm not a DJ...I'm just a producer. I would love to learn how to play live though. It's time to realise my dream as a musician and travel all over the world!!

Enough with the bla-bla-bla...here are more pics of this night.

After the Subject Detroit Label Night...I went to Studio 80...party 'till we drop on the floor!



Happy New Year everyone. And may all of your wishes may come true...THIS year!

19 comments:

Melanie's Randomness said...

Happy New Year!!! I think that's really cool that you dabbled in the music industry. Woa. I like the pic of the christmas tree with your mom it's very peaceful & serene. Seriously I want to be one of those Amsterdam tourists because all your party photos look so much fun!! Best of luck this year hun! Merry Christmas & Happy New Year. =)

Gabbi said...

Gorgeous photos and night Daniel! Though I rarely go out on new years even anymore, I still very much enjoy living vicariously.

Yes, I've visited and commented on your blog a few times before :) we share internet friends in Miriam of the Insiders Journal and also Crystal of Powder Blue I think? Also, I have you on my blog reader and truly enjoy the way you write. You seem like an extremely honest blogger and that's greatly admired.

Hope your 2010 is going great and keep writing. I'm a fan.

Victoria said...

It sure was Jättekul ! :D
Yea, Calis coast is wonderful ! Oh, cool you've been in SF. Nice, it's a lovely city !
Looks like you had some nice holiday times ! Happy Belated New Year

liana said...

happy new year!!
these pics are great...i love your xmas tree.
that sounds nice, being pampered :)
love it.
looks like your new years eve was fun and eventful.
x.

Suzanne said...

Jij ook een heel gelukkig nieuw jaar nog! Mooie foto's van de feestdagen!!!

En over NYC: willen is kunnen zeg ik je ;) Dus ja, ik ga naar NYC! Mijn moeder gaat de marathon lopen daar, dus ik ga zeer zeker zelfs!!

Suusje

Lies said...

Leuke foto's

En gelukkig nieuwjaar, al is 't een beetje te laat ;)

Alicja said...

Nice Christmas tree, I like the red decorations.
ps. pic on my blog was with female cat :)

Anonymous said...

GREAT WORK. Aah I'm jealous...
have a nice year Jack Daniel

Crystal Ball said...

First of all thank you so much for the sweetest comment you left on my blog. It's a true pleasure to know that you enjoy my photography.

Well you really know how to party! Haha. If I ever am in Amsterdam (I would really love to visit) you must take me out to all these wonderful clubs.
A belated Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Unknown said...

Happy New Year! And a great story! What a wonderful way to spend Christmas Holidays.:-)))

diane said...

Your DAD decorated that tree? Wow, he did an awesome job.
Funny New Years Eve custom, dropping air tanks at the stroke of twelve onto pedestrians in trench coats. I've never seen that before. (just kidding, I've seen it done in Harlem)
I wonder how many people clicked on the prostitutes link.

Katarina Kühl ~ PencilFashion said...

a producer, i see... do you have other dark secrets? ;)

(thanks so much for your lovely comment!)

SparkleQueen said...

pictures are all looking good! hope your new years was fabulous!

Em

dnqcnn said...

Soso cute you and your sister went to E-town to let your mommy stuff you till you POPPED!

;)

Raj said...

Happy New Year
Its cool that you was in the music industry, you can say you lived the dream :P
Looks like you had such a good time :)
All the best for 2010

Jason said...

You really do have a great blog here. I have a blog myself which brings inspiration and guidance to people all around the world. Life is hard enough, and I hope my site can contribute anything positive to someone's day.

I'd like to exchange links with you to help spread some traffic around between each other. Please let me know if this is possible. Until then, keep up the good work.

Jason
TheWISDOMWALL.com

Anonymous said...

Hello
you where following the capturer at

www.thecapturer.blogspot.com
unfortunately i am deleting that blog.

But lose something, win something.
i have started a deviantart account. So you will be able to see my photographs at

http://jeszzi.deviantart.com/

Or my blog http://jeszzi.blogspot.com

Hope you will come visit

With love Jessi

STEFANIE said...

haha happy new year to you too Daniel :)! Great pictures too, I love the second one!

Rita said...

Happy new year, Daniel! This was such a fun post to read. I LOVE the Christmas tree. So beautiful. I see your dad uses a lot of red, my mom does the same thing. Red and gold. Anyway, it's good to read your blog again. I guess I started missing this haha.