Thursday, November 4, 2010

I don't care if I'm gonna be jailed

-sigh-

I discover new (and very good!) photographers on the Flickr website on a daily basis...it's unreal! The competition is extremely fierce among photographers and there are so many of 'em out there. It is hard to stand out from this group, who are all trying to get THE picture which will make them famous. I love taking pics myself but it's getting slow when it comes to getting worldwide recognition.
I know it's not coming my way when I'm not doing anything about it...so...I gotta take some risks in life.

Me and my sister have been 'working on' this project for the past two or so years, and I don't want to wait another whole year to start with it...so I gotta work on it!!
Actually it's a project just in our heads, but we've never started it because it involves 'violating privacy rights'...hahaha. Also, it should be dark outside as it is an outdoor project. No studio work. We use the real shit right here! All taken outside on the streets and lowlight with only street lighting! So, that's why I'm glad the days are getting shorter right now and it's already dark around 5:30pm...

I'm sure when this project will be published in book form...me and her will be called the most original and daring photographers in the world. Hehehehehehe....

My sister is too busy to upload her photography work on the net...so that's why I'm gonna do it. Hahaha...


Pic taken by my sister...! (Sis and her Spanish friend in the background...)

-will upload some new pics on my flickr this weekend!-

4 comments:

diane said...

Sometimes you have to take chances. Hope it isn't anything too risky.
I like the photo of your sis and her friend. It tells a story. Looks like they are getting ready to go out, her friend just got done steaming the wrinkles out of her garment and now she's hitting it with some heat from her blowdryer. Is that right? Is there a prize for guessing it?

Melanie's Randomness said...

I hear it all takes time. =) I like this photo your sis took. It looks old & it's so in the moment. I love how her friend is a lil blurry. It's cool! I wish you all the best of luck getting famous! =)

Sabine said...

you are such a great and inspiring person. go for gold. you will do it!

Raj said...

This is a lovely photo
That project of yours sounds intriguing, and not entirely legal :P
I wish you all the best with it, it sounds like so much fun, hope to be reading that book soon!